The SHRP 2 Safety Data Program and the Transportation Research Board (TRB) Oversight Committee for Use and Oversight of SHRP 2 Safety Data, Phase 1 (FA014) invite you to submit to the call for presentations for the 10th SHRP 2 Safety Data Symposium. The Symposium will take place on October 6, 2017, at the Keck Center of The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine in Washington, DC.
The theme of the 10th SHRP 2 Safety Data Symposium is “From Analysis to Results.” The Symposium aims to showcase research studies that have been performed utilizing the SHRP 2 Naturalistic Driving Study data and the SHRP 2 Roadway Information Database, known together as the SHRP 2 Safety Data.
Submissions are encouraged from varying subject areas and topics including but not limited to the following:
- Crash analyses and safety performance measures
- Driver behavior and distraction
- Roadway design and traffic engineering
- Naturalistic data analysis tools and methods
- Big data, data modeling, machine learning, and machine vision
- Vehicles, vehicle systems, and connectivity & automation
- Planning and modeling
- Implementation of results and countermeasures
The focus of the Symposium is to exhibit the broad spectrum of applications of the SHRP 2 Safety Data and to create a forum where researchers and practitioners can exchange ideas about analysis and methodologies.
Follow the link for additional details and to submit your abstract.
Dates to Remember:
April 16, 2017, 11:59pm EST: Submissions due
May 19, 2017: Decision notification to authors
June 1, 2017: Preliminary program to be confirmed