Geneva – Switzerland, 27 March 2019
IRF is pleased to announce the International Course on Road Traffic Safety Management and ISO Certification which will be held on 27 March 2019 in Geneva – Switzerland (IRF Offices) in the margins of the meeting of the UNECE World Forum for Traffic Safety.
With the Decade of Action in its final stages and data on traffic deaths and injuries showing no inversion of the curve, road traffic safety management is – more than ever before – recognised as a major societal and public health issue. Every organisation or business that relies upon the road traffic system for its activities has an opportunity to save lives and reduce serious injuries on the road and at the same time reduce and minimize the operational and commercial risks they face.
Over four intensive sessions, this course introduces participants to Road Safety Management fundamentals and the ISO 39001:2012 Standard for Road Traffic Safety Management systems. The course will show how ISO standard can help companies/organisations reduce operating costs, preserve asset values and implement a framework for safe systems management. The course will enable organisations working within road traffic systems to learn how to reduce the risk of road traffic and injury, improve efficiency and attain strong CSR values.
Who Should Attend?
This course will be of relevance to transport and roads professionals working for any organisation that;
- Manages, operates and maintains the road traffic networks;
- Uses the road network to transport goods or provide business services;
- Transports freight, goods or passengers in motor vehicles, especially public transport services;
- Provides, operate and manage road transport infrastructure and networks, especially central/local government administrations and their agents;
- Designs, manufactures, maintains/inspects motor vehicles, especially autonomous vehicle manufacturers;
- Generates road use and motor vehicle travel, eg. education, retail, business and transport hubs;
- Provides emergency medical care especially paramedic, ambulance and crash response services
Martin Heath, Technical Director of RTSM Global
All participants will receive an IRF certificate of attendance.