Events by this organizer
The skid resistance of the road surface is a significant characteristic over the lifetime of a road pavement. In most cases regarding the asphalt, only requirements for the Polish Stone
The skid resistance of the road surface is a significant characteristic over the lifetime of a road pavement. In most cases regarding the asphalt, only requirements for the Polish Stone Value of aggregates are fixed in the regulations. However, these requirements only consider the influence of the coarse aggregates on the skid resistance of the road surface. Other influencing factors from the bituminous mixtures are disregarded.
Using the Friction after Polishing (FAP) method it is possible to address the friction potential on asphalt test specimens in the laboratory. A possible change in the requirements is connected with questions about the test method itself and how to determine which performance level to ask for.
Against this background, BASt organizes a FAP workshop with the aim of exchanging international experiences and research activities in different countries.
In order to actively involve you in the program design, we want to ask for your points of interest in advance:
- What is your motivation to deal with the test method?
- What are the shortcomings of the system you use? What do you see as the potential of this test method?
- Can you contribute own experiences and research on the topic? Are you ready to report about it?
- Which topics or questions would you like to discuss in the workshop?
- What experiences and evaluation backgrounds are available for FAP in your country?
Based on your reactions and answers we will create a detailed program and send out the official invitation and registration for the workshop in September 2018.
Please feel free to forward this advance notice to interested colleagues.
20 (Tuesday) 1:00 am - 21 (Wednesday) 1:00 am
Federal Highway Research Institute, Bergisch Gladbach