The seventh annual Fire Protection and Safety in Tunnels conference will once again take place in Sandvika, near Oslo, Norway.
The seventh annual edition’s agenda will bring together key representatives in the sector, including academics, tunnel owners, operators, regulators and solution providers. The event provides fantastic networking opportunities and the chance to hear from a top-calibre speaker faculty throughout a series of presentations, panel discussions and case studies.
Not only that, this year there will be a site visit to one of the longest sub-sea tunnels in Europe, as well as anti-terrorism and tunnel security workshop.
Key 2015 presentation includes:
- Experience with EU directives, national standards, refurbishment works and tunnel upgrades
- Leaving conservative safety thinking behind in order to identify new opportunities to achieve overall safety
- Updates on the EN safety approval system to highlight to opportunities for individualised tunnel safety strategies and station designs
- Understanding the need for authorities, operators and fire brigades to work together and re-evaluate safety in to develop new solutions
- Exploiting European safety guidelines to identify new opportunities to save costs whilst achieving a high level of overall safety
- Practical feedback on the implementation of EN5128/EN5129 guidelines in Copenhagen leading to improved station design, as well as significant financial savings
Key 2015 topics include:
- Presenting real-life experience of investigating accidents and incidents in railway tunnels including the Channel Tunnel
- Improving further cooperation on emergency response in tunnels
- Experience with national standards, refurbishment works, tunnel upgrades and EU directives
Places are strictly limited so make sure you book early to avoid disappointment.