The International Road Federation (IRF Global) and Dubai Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) invite surface transportation specialists to submit contributions to the scientific program of the 18th IRF World Meeting & Exhibition.
Held on November 7-11 2021, in Dubai, one of the world’s iconic cities and a hub of transport innovation, the IRF World Meeting is a key global summit and technology showcase. It is both relevant to a wide cross-section of road mobility stakeholders, and focused on delivering solutions to the world’s pressing mobility questions.
Particular attention will be paid to emerging challenges such as equipping road infrastructure for connected vehicles, advanced travel demand management services, safety of vulnerable road users, and energy-efficient road infrastructure.
According to Eng Abdullah Al-Mogbel, chairman of the IRF, “Showcasing successful research and innovation is an essential component of this global event. I warmly encourage transportation researchers from different regions of the world and at different stages in their careers to contribute to its scientific excellence”.
“Dubai is the undisputed ‘City of the Future’ in the Middle East. At the heart of this story lies RTA’s efforts to foster a culture of excellence, quality, and innovation supported by world-class research,” according to Eng Maitha Bin Adai, CEO of the Traffic and Roads Agency in Dubai.
Abstracts should reflect original research or innovation in technical, institutional, economic, business and policy issues that are relevant, recent and significant. The abstract should be written in English or Arabic, readily understandable and may contain up to a maximum of 300 words. Top graded papers to be published with a Google Scholar Listing in a specialty conference publication. ■
• The deadline for submission is January 31, 2021. There is no cost to submit an abstract. For additional information and to submit an abstract, please visit https://worldmeeting.irf.global/call-for-papers/
The Scientific & Technical Committee of the World Meeting has selected 12 tracks for inclusion in the international call for abstracts:
- ITS & Smart Mobility Technologies
- Equipping Roads for Autonomous Driving
- Highway Engineering & Construction
- Transportation Planning & Traffic Operations
- Innovations in Road Materials
- Bridges & Tunnels
- Environmental Management & Climate Resilience
- Safe Roads by Design
- Asset Management & Maintenance
- Road Financing & Procurement
- Parking Strategies & Policies
- Transportation & Society
Fuente de la noticia: Noticia