Date: Tuesday, 22 June 2021
Location: Online, 1:00 – 2:00pm AEST
The increasing pace of change of technology brings considerable promise of more data, of a higher quality, captured for a lower cost. This has the potential to improve the asset management of roads by enabling better decision making and providing a more complete picture of asset performance.
These benefits, however, are not automatic. For asset managers, it can be difficult to know what technology is available and how the benefits compare to costs. There is also often considerable friction in moving to new approaches as existing processes and systems are tailored for the status quo. Perhaps the biggest hurdle is confidence in moving from an existing approach to having trust in the unknown.
In response to this need to understand the emerging technologies available, the cost-effectiveness of these technologies, and the implications of transitioning from existing to new approaches, Austroads has developed a research report on next generation data collection technologies for road pavement assets.
With specific reference to road pavement assets, this webinar will take attendees through:
- The key themes across the data required to inform asset management decisions.
- The current state of data collection technologies.
- The interconnected ecosystem of emerging data collection technologies.
- A structured framework for evaluating the cost-effectiveness of emerging data collection technologies.
- Insights from the application of the evaluation framework and implications for future approaches to data collection.